Wayne Wesley Johnson dba Wannadu, LLC

"WORLD CLASS GUITARIST"...Internationally recognized, this award winning guitarist performs on acoustic, electric, nylon & steel string guitars and guitar synthesizer in a variety of musical styles and genres. A pioneer of the 'New Sound of Santa Fe' tm and 'Jazzamenco' tm., the artist performs in thumbpicking, fingerstyle, and flatpicking styles...playing jazz, world, new age, latin & rumba flamenca and with classical techniques.

Name:
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States

Friday, August 18, 2006

Wechter Guitar's Pathmaker


One of the guitar makers that I'm repping is Wechter's Pathmaker series. At first I wasn't sure what I thought about the looks of them, since they're not the typical body style, but once I started studying the instrument and playing it, I was sold on the design. It sort of reminded me of the old Gibson Barney Kessel models...I had one for many years...with the double florentine cutaway design. I had concerns about the neck stability and mounting, but soon learned that the neck is supported better in this design than in the more conventional or traditional flat top guitar designs. Abe Wechter's design also enhances the sustaining qualities of the instrument. Man, I just love the black one...and the blue and red ones are pretty slick, too.

The neck is like a fast action electric guitar feel with access all the way up the fingerboard. This is an acoustic electric guitar for jazz and rock players. It sounds beautiful and has three pickups in it...That's right the Wechter Pathmaker has magnetic, piezo and mic pickups, and you can blend them anyway you want to custom tailor your sound and your tone.

These are guitars worth looking at. I think I'll get me one of those black ones....too cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home